Yard Waste Collection & Preparation
- Yard waste is collected once per week on the same day as trash and recycling. Place yard waste out to curb by 7:00 am on collection day.
- Curbside collection is provided from the first Monday in April through the third Friday in December.
- When one of the following holidays falls on a weekday, collection for the holiday and the remaining days of that week will be delayed by one day. The holidays are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Winter months (mid-December through March): SOCRRA residents can bring Christmas trees, bags of leaves or brush bundles to SOCRRA Transfer station free of charge. SOCRRA does not accept yard waste in plastic bags.
- Yard waste must be separate from trash and recyclables.
- Acceptable containers: Trash cans with “yard waste” decals (decals available at city offices) or 30-gallon paper yard waste bags.
- Yard waste containers must weigh less than 50 pounds and yard waste must be small enough (under 4 feet in length) to fit in designated container.
- Brush (less than 2 inches in diameter and under 4 feet in length) can also be bundled with twine for collection.
- Berkley residents are required to purchase tags for yard waste collection during certain times of the year. Contact City of Berkley for more information.
Now you can recycle curbside more yard waste and fruit and vegetable scraps for composting. Click here for printable flyer.